Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] last.fm support in CVS

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 20:55 -0700, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:
> Awesome!  I was just thinking we needed a better player than what came
> with last.fm. (a somewhat buggy player too :/)

It works well for me, but there are still some things we can probably
improve on, or ideas we could think about.

* We should probably have a link to the last.fm homepage, the sign-up
page and/or some description of what AudioScrobbler is. Currently anyone
who doesn't know what it is, will be confused by the preferences tab. We
could also have a link to the Rhythmbox last.fm group[0].

* Utilising some of the AS web sevices [1], the most obviously useful
one is to be able to view your AS profile. I started working on it the
other week, so that "View->Audioscrobbler Profile" would bring up a
window with your profile, but I need to understand libsoup better.

* Several people have requested last.fm radio support. The last.fm
player is open-source (albeit qt/c++), which would make implementing it
much easier.

* AS tags are very similar to the "personal catagories" idea that was
discussed a while ago. If we did implement catagories, then adding "send
to last.fm" or "get categories from last.fm" would fit in well.

* Recommendations, related-artists and the like -but I'm not really sure
how these would fit into Rhythmbox.

I'm not sure whether all of these would work in Rhythmbox, or if we
should add them, but they /could/ be done.

[0] http://www.last.fm/group/Rhythmbox
[1] http://www.audioscrobbler.net/data/webservices/

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Not only does the English Language borrow words from other languages, it
sometimes chases them down dark alleys, hits them over the head, and