Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Importing DB from iTunes

Le mercredi 19 octobre 2005 à 13:21 +0200, Jaime López a écrit :
> > Is the iPod-db the same format as the iTunes-db? If so, it should be
> > easy to add import support to Rhythmbox.
>
> I don't know if there's any difference... Probably I could have used
> also libgpod or something to test it and parse the binary format, but
> I found more easy to parse the XML version of the same file in the
> local iTunes Music folder. I think they are kept in sync.

I thought the iTunes database was only stored in an xml file. The iPod
database is stored in a binary file which is described at
http://ipodlinux.org/ITunesDB  If iTunes also has a binary description
of its db and if the file contains lots of strings like mhbd, mhit, ...
it's likely to be in a format similar to the iPod database.

Christophe