Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Is there a way to disable the popup?

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 21:42 +1100, James Livingston wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 10:37 -0500, Jacob D'Agostino wrote:
> > Is there a way to turn that off? Something in the preferences, I mean,
> > not removing that feature from sources and recompiling.
> >
> > And if not, why not?
>
> Currently, no. It's one of the tray-icon-related things that we never
> sorted out. With 0.9.2 approaching, we do need to sort these issues out
> soonish.
>
> Currently the questions are:
> 1) should the tray icon be optional?
> 2) should the notification bubbles be optional?
> 3) should we have minimise-to-tray, not have it, or make it optional?

For the third one, the minimize-to-tray behaviour is very weird. Unlike
most of the gtk apps out there (like gaim and liferea), closing or
double clicking the tray icon minimizes the window, instead of hiding
it. IMHO this is a very unexpected, and unpleasant behaviour