Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Is there a way to disable the popup?

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 10:37 -0500, Jacob D'Agostino wrote:
> Is there a way to turn that off? Something in the preferences, I mean,
> not removing that feature from sources and recompiling.
>
> And if not, why not?

Currently, no. It's one of the tray-icon-related things that we never
sorted out. With 0.9.2 approaching, we do need to sort these issues out
soonish.

Currently the questions are:
1) should the tray icon be optional?
2) should the notification bubbles be optional?
3) should we have minimise-to-tray, not have it, or make it optional?

While I agree that these would make kind of dodgy preferences, I don't
know if we're going to be able to deal with it in another way. Perhaps
we could have a single "tray icon" preference, so that if you have a
tray icon you get notifications and minimise-to-tray, but you can turn
it off.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Thus the great moments of one's life occur between installing the new