Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] ProjectM / libvisual and Rhythmbox

On Wed, 11 May 2005, James Livingston wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 16:50 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > Le mardi 10 mai 2005 à 14:51 +0100, Charles Goodwin a écrit :
> > > Would it be possible to use libvisual (aka ProjectM [0]) with Rhythmbox?
> > > http://xmms-projectm.sourceforge.net
> > >

> > Rhythmbox doesn't have any visualization support atm. Dunno if there's a
> > corresponding gstreamer plugin either...
>
> There is a GStreamer plugin for libvisual. I imagine this is one of
> those features that everyone goes "that would be nice" to but is busy
> working on other things, so no-one seems to get around to trying to see
> if it would work.
>
> I haven't looked too hard at Totem - but does it support libvisual, or
> does it just use Goom, etc. directly?

Totem does not use goom directly, but uses GStreamer plugins. My Totem
lists 13 visualizations to chose from in the preferences, 8 of which are
from libvisual.

btw: I'll personally kick the person to implement visualization outside of
the GStreamer pipeline.

Benjamin