Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] multimedia keys

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:17:26 +0600, Haran Shivanan
<shivanan shire symonds net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 20:29 -0500, Thomas Sibley wrote:
> > Write a shell script (or comparable) which checks for whatever media
> > player is running
> Just for the hell of it, I've attached a script to do just that.

Very nice!  Thanks for all the help guys.

Also, every once in a while I come on this list complaining about the
GIGANTIC memory leak that I've seen importing m4a files into RB.  I
have been told that it is a gstreamer problem and to look there.  I
did and filed a bug and some really amazingly nice guy working on the
gst-plugins looked into it.  He found that whoever wrote the code to
do whatever it is that is done when RB imports m4a files did a great
job, but never recovered _any_ of the memory used during the process.
He cleaned it up a bit, so the next version of gst-plugins should
alleviate this import issue.  It also correctly reads the genre tag on
m4a's so all of your m4a's won't show up in the Unknown genre.  Just
thought I'd share.

John