Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] multimedia keys
- From: John Russell <jjrussell gmail com>
- To: Thomas Sibley <tom+rb zulutango org>
- Cc: rhythmbox-devel gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] multimedia keys
- Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:07:29 -0500
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:29:44 -0500, Thomas Sibley <tom+rb zulutango org> wrote:
> John Russell wrote:
> > Any ideas. The ideal would be to somehow have whatever player is on
> > at the time respond to the multimedia keys. Is that even possible.
> Write a shell script (or comparable) which checks for whatever media
> player is running (XMMS, RB, whatever else you might use) and then runs
> the appropriate command for that player. XMMS allows you to do xmms
> --next/prev too.
Sounds like a good idea. I was just checking to see if the linux
desktop had passed the spit and bailing wire stage yet. Guess not.
Eh, its more fun this way anyway. Thanks again.
> rhythmbox-devel mailing list
> rhythmbox-devel gnome org
] [Thread Prev