Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] feedback

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 17:17 +0200, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:
> On 30/06/05, James Livingston <jrl ids org au> wrote:
> > What exactly do you mean by "song-scroller"?
>
> Heh, sorry for being unclear. I meant the ... um....
> horizontal-scrollbar-thing that lets you search forwards or backwards
> within a single song (to the left of the volume-icon in the upper
> right).  Rhythmbox is not alone in updating while holding the
> mouse-button, it's something that's annoyed me with most any audio
> (and video) player apart from Winamp and XMMS.  An option to change it
> would be very nice...

Ah right - I don't tend to use it much, so I didn't think of that. After
playing around with it for a bit I can see what you mean - if you want
to go to a particular place in the song, having it seek while you are
dragging it is annoying. On the other hand, if you want to go to a part
of the song but aren't sure exactly where it is, having it seek while
you are dragging will help you find it. I'm not sure about which way is
better.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.
There's a knob called `brightness', but it doesn't work." -- Gallagher