Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Album covers

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 10:06 +1000, James Livingston wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 09:39 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > - For albums where there is no available cover, there shouldn't be a dummy
> >   .jpg file in ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/covers.
>
> That's a result of my badly done hack which makes RB use "placeholder
> art" if there is no albul cover. I realised that this was happening
> about two days ago, but I haven't had time to fix it yet. I've got a
> half-written patch that this (and several more) problems. Hopefully I'll
> get it done tonight.

Sorry, for taking so long to fix this, I've been snowed under with work
for Uni. I've got a patch[0] that fixes the problem of copying the
placeholder into the cover directory (and a couple of other things).
This is the way I should have done it in the first place.

One issue that could come up is that I'm loading the "no cover" art
synchronously; this may not be the best idea, if the art is on slow
media and the user is resizing the cover display (which causes a
reload). Anyone think this could be a problem?

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston

[0] http://www.ids.org.au/~jrl/rhythmbox/cover-art-default-fixup.patch

--
It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care
    -- Office Space