Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] iTunes Music Sharing

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 23:12 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> The hooks I've got at the moment are:
>
>  gboolean (*pre_open) (RBPlayerSubtype *subtype, GstElement *playbin,
>                        const char *uri, GError **error);
>
> called just before setting the URI property on the playbin and starting
> playback.

For daap, at least, I need to fudge the uri from daap:// to http:// so
the playbin can understand it.  So I think the pre_open (maybe not the
best name) should be responsible for setting a uri to playbin.  Or,
pre_open should pass in char ** for a uri_out variable. I dunno.

> It looks like a seek hook may be required for DAAP, but I don't know
> exactly what that should look like or how it should effect the existing
> seek code, so I've left it out.

A pre_seek (or pre_set_time) that runs in rb_player_set_time between
setting PAUSED & PLAYING on the playbin would be helpful. Its default
handler should be the regular gst_element_seek with time * GST_SECOND
that is already in _set_time.

Looks good so far tho, Jonathan  What do other people think?

-charlie