Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Structure in genres

Shaun McCance and I hav been talking about this.  It's too limiting to
use the id3v2 tags.  What I would like to see is being able to add user
generated metadata.  I'm thinking something similar to how f-spot adds
metadata to pictures.  This way you can slice your music collection in
any way you like.

Granted it can't be put into the id3v2 format but I don't think thats
particularly important when managing your personal collection because
how you categorize music is unique to you.

sri