Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] music as desktop service

Le mercredi 06 juillet 2005 à 20:14 -0400, Colin Walters a écrit :
> > Christophe (who isn't a big fan of "the close button doesn't really
> > quit")
>
> Ok, so...why is it you feel that way?

To answer your second mail, I haven't tried the patch yet. What annoys
me with hiding the window instead of closing it is that you then have to
remember how each app behave when you click the close button "hmm, so
this app will really quit when I ask it to quit, so it will stop doing
whatever it's doing at the moment, this one won't quit so I can safely
click the quit button if I want to put it in the background, oh, and I
don't remember what this one does". I'm not sure about the keyboard
accessibility of the tray applet, once the window is hidden, is it easy
to get it back to the foreground using the keyboard?
Speaking of muine, I just remembered what it was doing last time I
tried, the close button was really quitting muine, but the tray icon had
a "hide window" menu item. I prefer this behaviour I think.

Once again, I haven't tried the patch, and I'm only explaining why I
don't like much overriding the close button behaviour, if most people
feel it's the right thing to do, I won't go crazy about that ;)

Glad to read mails from you on rhythmbox-devel btw ;)

Cheers,

Christophe