Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] interface changes

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 20:40 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 11:48 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> >   * Removed check box options from the status bar
> >
> > 	These options take up too much space on the status bar.  They limit the
> > minimum possible width of the window.  They reduce the space available
> > for status messages.  They clutter the interface.  It isn't clear that
> > it is natural to look to the status bar for control elements.
>
> The suggestion of having them in the toolbar makes sense to me.

One small suggestion from me: the head of the "merge" branch has these
buttons (as well as the volume control) in a second row below the
playback controls. I'm not really sure if this is good or not, but if we
wanted to do that, IMHO they're better on the left side, rather than the
right - I constantly found myself going to top-left to click "next".

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
I admit that X is the second worst windowing system in the world, but
all the others I've used are tied for first. -- Paul Tomblin