Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] feedback

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 17:16 +0200, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:
> I remembered another little annoyance with Rhythmbox, which might be
> fixed in CVS, but just wanted to put it out there:
>
> Non-existent songs in the library will make the player stop, and give
> two (2) error messages. Having the option to just let it slide on to
> the next song in the playlist would be absolutely wonderful... (and
> automatic removal of "dead" songs at the click of a button would also
> be nice, unless my Winamp-ness is a bit too much heh).

RB deals with files that aren't there by [0.8] removing them from the
library and [CVS] making then "hidden" - so they don't show up, but
still remembers your ratings, etc. Deleting the file _after_ RB has
loaded and checked for it's existence might cause it to display an
error, I'll have to check.

Making it keep playing songs if they get removed from the
library/playlist is fairly simple, and I did make a patch to do that a
while ago; but there was some problem that I don't remember, which is
why I didn't submit it. I'll have to go take a look and see if my
greater experience will now let me fix it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
The problem with eating a high-fibre diet is that, before you know it,
your lower bowel will have attracted a whole mass of backhoes. -- Tanuki