[Rhythmbox-devel] Audio CD updates

G'day everyone,

I've been working on a few updates to my audio cd branch over the past
few days, and I though I'd let everyone know what changes I've just
pushed into the branch. If anyone has any comments or ideas on this
stuff, let me know.

Changes
-------

1) Tracks now get title (Track N), artist (Unknown) and album (Unknown)
properties now. Presumably we'd want to look these up with CDDB or
MusicBrainz, but that'll come later.

2) The popup menu on the audio cd source no longer has "Import Folder"
and "Import File" listed. Also you can no longer try to delete items off
a CD, or try to drag new ones onto it.

3) The browser disclose widget and the search box are gone. They're
fairly useless for a audio cd.

4) Various gcc4, 64bit and other minor bug fixes.

Current issues
--------------

1) The duration of tracks always gets set to the duration of the first
track. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong with getting gstreamer to
read this - It shouldn't be too hard to fix.

2) You still can't play (it'll list the tracks though) from a cd drive
that isn't /dev/cdrom. Which is annoying on any of the distros that
don't create /dev/cdrom symlinks - like mine.

The problem is that the cdda:// uris don't have a way of specifying the
device to use, they just contain a track number (e.g. cdda://7). I'll
need to pass that device info along somehow, and get rb-player-gst to do
magic things with the playbin (which means rb-player has to know special
things to do with CDs, urgh).

3) Changing the sorting of any RbLibrarySource based source has funny
interactions with sorting of other RbLibrarySource based sources.
Probably the best thing to do is let different RbLibrarySource based
sources use different sorting keys (which for audio cds should default
to track number).

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
You wouldn't know a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced
naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Subtle Plans Are Here Again'