Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] mission impossible

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 02:32 -0800, Peter Colijn wrote:
> Well keep in mind that RH9 is pretty old these days, contains old
> versions of many of the libraries on which rhythmbox depends (gtk+ for
> example) and so you're going to run into some issues installing things
> just because the base packages are out of date.
>
> If you can, I'd suggest upgrading to Fedora or Ubuntu (both of which
> have built-in systems for updating packages that automatically resolve
> dependencies), but if you're not in charge of this machine, then, uh,
> yeah, I feel your pain. I'm stuch with RH9 at work too :)

If you're stuck on RHL9, install garnome in your home directory, and do
a "make install" in fifth-toe/rhythmbox, it will install everything
under ~/garnome. Follow the docs to use it afterwards.

http://cipherfunk.org/garnome/

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>