Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] help with install

I installed rhythmbox on RH9 not too long ago using Dag's rpms. I
don't recall too many difficulties, the only thing I had to do was
rebuild a gstreamer rpm because the one in Dag's repository was
broken, but I think that's since been fixed.

BTW, if you're not already, I strongly suggest installing apt on RH
and adding Dag's repository. Then apt-get should handle these
dependencies for you, although I've found that some dependency
information is incomplete so you might need to 'apt-get install
libflac libid3tag libmusicbrainz rhythmbox' but even that beats
finding and downloading them all separately :)

Also note that Rhythmbox 0.5.3 is seriously old. I've been meaning to
build some more recent gstreamer and rhythmbox rpms but just haven't
gotten around to it.

Have fun,

Peter