Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] MythTV

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 10:38:29AM +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> I would expect each user to have their own rhythmdb.xml file, and so
> each would have their own rating and play count data.  That's why I
> mentioned library scanning and file monitoring - you don't need to
> share the database to keep the set of songs up to date for multiple
> users.

Right, because say we added user tagging to the db, obviously one person's
tags for a particular set of songs are going to be different to someone
else.

Personally, the problem is easily to solve by people having their own
database of the actual files.  If we started talking about sharing
a music database, we could have a process that will alert participating
apps that the physical music area has changed and ask them to update
their databases to get the new files.

sri