Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox performance

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:46:55PM +0900, pclouds wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using rhythmbox cvs with 18gb music (3200 songs). When i choose
> another Artist, then All artist, rhythmbox freeze for a while (several
> seconds) with 100% CPU. It used to run well previously. I attached
> sysprof profile in case you're interested in.

How recently have you done a cvs update?  Until a couple of days ago,
the library was re-running the query used to display all the songs.
Changing from having a selected artist to selecting 'all' is now
instantaenous for me, with a library of over 10000 songs.

> BTW, have you experience this problem: scrolling playlist using mouse
> wheel become more slower. If i click on another artist, then back to
> All artist, then scrolling is fast again. Don't know it's rhythmbox
> problem or gtk problem though (or is it a feature?)

What do you mean by 'slower'?  It takes longer to display the entries
that have scrolled into view, or the view doesn't move as quickly?
Does it gradually get slower over time, or does it just suddenly become
slow?