Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] some feedback for current cvs

Hi everyone

> On 12/20/05, James Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 19:46 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > > - Not sure if its because I've now got a rpm for libgpod and hence my
> > > ipod support back or something else (am yet to actually plug it in :-)
> > > but it seems to lock up regularly unless its started straight after
> > > login with large cpu usage. I removed my ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox dir. This
> > > seems to improve once you've added something to the library with it
> > > working at least one out of two.
> >
> > What exactly do you mean by "lock up"? Does RB crash, hang, work but use
> > 100% cpu?
>
> It hangs at 100% CPU and never seems to come back. If I go away and
> leave it and come back later its the same... just sits there at 100%

This actually happens to me also. CPU sits at 100%, the songs don't
load and the GUI is frozen.
There is no unusual output from terminal, even with "-d" option.
I sometime have to run it few times for it to load correctly.
I'm running libgpod HEAD and rhythmbox HEAD.
I'll try to debug it in the next few days.

Gunnar Steinn