Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Watched Libraries

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 15:15 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 15:33 +1100, James Livingston wrote:
> > If you add/delete something and Rhythmbox doesn't notice, check the
> > debug messages. You should get a "directory event" message, if you
> > haven't then the problem is that gnome-vfs hasn't reported the change to
> > Rhythmbox. If you do get the message, but Rhythmbox didn't add/remove
> > the track, let us know.
>
> James, will that collide with the "Move to trash" functionality?
> If the file is monitored, then we would need to stop monitoring it
> before removing it from the DB, or even let the monitoring remove it
> from the DB rather than doing it ourselves.

It doesn't actually monitor the files themselves, but rather the
directories they are in. Deleting the db entries in the move to trash
code is fine, it will ignore the deletion it it doesn't belong to a db
entry (which it has to do for non-audio files anyway).

I'd suggest that the move-to-trash code does remove it from the db, in
case file-monitoring isn't working for whatever reason.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Networks are like sewers ... My job is to make sure your data goes away
when you flush, and to stop the rats climbing into your toilet through