Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Watched Libraries

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 15:33 +1100, James Livingston wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 12:37 -0500, Ryan Skadberg wrote:
> > Initial test seems to work.  It looks like maybe there are some GConf
> > issues, my rpm failed on the install of that.
>
> That was a problem with the gconf schema. That got solved a while ago,
> but the fix wasn't in the patch I uploaded.
>
> I've committed this to cvs (with the above issues fixed), so you can now
> set you library location in the preferences and have Rhythmbox watch
> it.
>

> If anyone had problems where addition or deletions don't get notices,
> there are a couple of steps you can take which will help find the cause
> of the problem:
>
> Run "rhythmbox -d 2>&1 | egrep 'monitor|directory'" from a terminal.
> When it starts, you should get a lot of messages that it is monitoring
> certain folders. If you don't get this, check that you have set your
> library location. If it comes up with errors, then gnome-vfs can't
> monitor you library for some reason.
>
> If you add/delete something and Rhythmbox doesn't notice, check the
> debug messages. You should get a "directory event" message, if you
> haven't then the problem is that gnome-vfs hasn't reported the change to
> Rhythmbox. If you do get the message, but Rhythmbox didn't add/remove
> the track, let us know.

James, will that collide with the "Move to trash" functionality?
If the file is monitored, then we would need to stop monitoring it
before removing it from the DB, or even let the monitoring remove it
from the DB rather than doing it ourselves.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
Hollywood? It's fucking 14 hours there, 14 hours back and two hours of
kissing fucking cheeks. Fuck that. -- Richard Harris