Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox for Windows?

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 12:27 +0100, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
> I was wondering... Would it be possible to make Rhythmbox cross platform?
>
> I haven't got Windows myself, but it might attract more developers? =)

GStreamer works on windows, although I'm not sure how /well/ 0.8 works.

There are win32 ports of a fair few gnome libraries too, some helpful
links:
http://go-evolution.org/Building_Evolution_on_Windows
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/platform/2.12/2.12.0/win32/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/desktop/2.12/2.12.0/win32/

The ones that I haven't seen are:
* libnautilus-burn (2.9.0)
* totem-plparser (1.1.5)
* [daap] avahi (0.5) or Howl (or add support for Bonjour on Windows)
* [ipod] libgpod and hal (0.2.92)

There may be some X11/unix-isms in the code, but if someone got enough
of the gnome stack on Windows it shouldn't be too hard to get it to sort
of work. I'm sure there will be plenty of bugs where assumption that
have been made don't hold on Windows, but it should be do-able.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"It's times like this I wish I'd listened to my Mother."
"Why, what did she say?"