Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Small fix for no dbus compile and question

On 8/26/05, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 16:06 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>
> > So if rhythmbox is running but and I click the icon to launch it again
> > whether it launches a second copy or just focuses the actual running
> > copy right? No it launches a second copy. Let me know if there's
> > anything you want me to test.
>
> Ok, could you run "dbus-monitor --session" in a terminal before you
> launch rhythmbox (both the initial instance and the second attempt), and
> send me the output?

Output below. Nothing changed from when I first ran up dbus-monitor
but then I'm not sure it would have as rhythmbox doesn't have dbus
compiled in as it wants dbus >=0.35 and FC4 comes with 0.33 so it
doesn't compile with dbus support.

Cheers,
Pete

[peterr localhost ~]$ dbus-monitor --session
signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=:1.3
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameAcquired
 0 string ":1.3"
method call sender=:1.3 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AddMatch
 0 string "type='method_call'"
method call sender=:1.3 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AddMatch
 0 string "type='method_return'"
method call sender=:1.3 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AddMatch
 0 string "type='error'"