Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] recognition of CD/DVD's w/ cover art

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 14:41 -0700, Forrest L Norvell wrote:
<snip>
> proprietary data source. Does anyone know if you're violating any of
> their Terms of Service for using their data for our own applications?
> I know that some shareware applications for the Mac (to add album art
> to iTunes) have dropped support for auto-finding images from Amazon
> over legal concerns.

That was because the application wasn't generating enough sales,
compared to the traffic the key associated to it generated. This is in
the T&C for the API.

> I would guess that what Plutohome is using is IMDB data, as they've
> got pretty clean and complete data and, like Amazon, a well-defined
> Web API for getting at it. I don't know what they use for CDs, but if

IMDB can't do CDs, and is a subsidiary of Amazon (as the "an Amazon
company" at the bottom of every page will tell you). Ss far as I know,
it doesn't have an API either (I use screenscraping for my own movie
page).

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>