Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] retreive rythmbox status via shell script.....

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 10:04:07AM -0400, mat nicholson wrote:
> Jon,
>
> i got a hackish version of my script running for now, but would really
> like to get into the bonobo client for my own personal benifit, however,
> with the code you gave me, i am getting this: (i did not alter anythign
> and was jsut runnign it as a test to see what i was dealing with...)
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./rb-bonobo.py", line 7, in ?
>    import bonobo.ui
> ImportError: could not import gtk._gtk
>
> any particular python bindings i need? i have teh python2.4-gtk2 binding
> installed and have been searching for related packages to no avail. any
> help would be great. thanks for the reply and suggestions.

First, check which version of python you're using (run python -V).
You need the gtk2 and gnome2 bindings for that version.
I'm using python 2.3.5 on Debian, so I have python2.3-gtk2 and
python2.3-gnome2 installed.  Package names may differ for other
distributions.

-jonathan