Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Support for flash based mp3 players

Le mardi 26 avril 2005 à 23:28 +1000, James Livingston a écrit :
> On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 13:39 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> That's basically what I meant, I suppose it'd really doesn't make much
> difference whether a source fills in the db, or a backend does it. One
> (possible) advantage of having backends would be if you moved playlist
> load/save to the backend, and then the existing playlist code (any
> anything like it) would work irrespective of what backend it was using.

Yep, makes sense, that's probably the next step after rhythmdb
abstraction, but it's not done yet since I didn't care about playlists
when I started writing ipod support ;)

> Now that I think about it more I don't know if any players support the
> equivalent of automatic playlists,

The iPod rocks, so it obviously supports that ;)
http://www.ipodlinux.org/ITunesDB#Smart_Playlist_Rules

Christophe