Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [BUG] Rhythmbox empties my database all the time

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 18:18 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > > Nope, I dunno if it works for network shares actually. Was it a file
> > > which was generated with a recent rhythmbox 0.9 ?

The file was still from rhythmbox 0.8 but it contained the mountpoint
tags you mentioned.

> > Is this required? Shouldn't the migration be automatic (for some idea of
> > automatic)?
>
> Iirc, the migration is supposed to be automatic, but who knows what
> actually happens ;)
> Oliver, do you have "mount-point" tags in your rhythmdb.xml file?

To be sure, I deleted the whole .gnome2/rhythmbox directory, connected
the usb drive, started rhythmbox and imported some files. The rhythmdb
contains tags like <mountpoint>file:///media/usbdisk</mountpoint>

Then I closed rhythmbox, unmounted the drive, started rhythmbox, closed
it again -> rhythmdb is empty.

This was tested with the --merge-- branch. I can check later this
evening against your original playbin branch to be absolutely sure it is
not something resulting from a flawed merge.

P.S.: It doesn't make any difference if the mount point (/media/usbdisk)
is removed after unmounting (with hal) or still exists (manual mount).

--
so long,
oliver

Public GPG Key: http://www.core-dump.info/olemke-public.asc
Fingerprint: 2389 0B2C 1AA8 4E3E D5AD 3B72 00DB ABDC 73ED C558