Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [BUG] Rhythmbox empties my database all the time

On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 00:26 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Le samedi 16 avril 2005 Ã 18:14 -0400, Stefan Monnier a Ãcrit :
> > I access a large part of my songs by NFS and that server is not
> > always available.
> >
> > If I start Rhythmbox when the server is not available, all the songs get
> > removed from rhythmdb, forcing me to re-add them next time I start Rhythmbox
> > (and that takes a while since it requires accessing many big fixes over
> > NFS).
> >
> > This is with Debian's Rhythmbox 0.8.8.
>
> This should work fine with the 0.9 branch.

Not really. :-( I have all my music on an usb harddrive and just forgot
to plug it in before launching rhythmbox. Guess what? I ended up with an
empty rhythmdb.xml.... Or is this only supposed to work for network
shares?

Good I had a backup. :-)

--
so long,
oliver

Public GPG Key: http://www.core-dump.info/olemke-public.asc
Fingerprint: 2389 0B2C 1AA8 4E3E D5AD 3B72 00DB ABDC 73ED C558