[Rhythmbox-devel] Compiling the 0.9 branch

configure tells me:

   [...]
   checking for RHYTHMBOX_CFLAGS...
   checking for RHYTHMBOX_LIBS...
   configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too old.  Make sure it
   is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
   path to pkg-config.

   Alternatively you may set the RHYTHMBOX_CFLAGS and RHYTHMBOX_LIBS environment variables
   to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
   more details.

   To get pkg-config, see <http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig>.
   See `config.log' for more details.

it turns out it's because rhythmbox wants libnautilus-burn >= 2.9.0.
3 problems:
1 - the error message is really not helpful at all (I even upgraded
    pkg-config to the very latest, to make sure).
2 - Debian unstable only has libnautilus-burn 2.8.7.
3 - I'd rather not have to install nautilus (a really nasty application
    which can't be killed, e.g. if you started it by mistake).

Is there a way to build without nautilus?

        Stefan