Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Browsing experience

On Mi, 2005-04-13 at 20:54 +0600, Haran Shivanan wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 13:57 +0200, Andreas Sliwka wrote:
> > Rhythmbox' browser does not work as a browser is expected to work. To
> > be more specific it has neither a "back" nor a "fore" button. Those
> > would scroll through the selection and and search history, just like a
> > web browser buttons would do
> I never really thought 'Browser' was alluding to a web browser.
> Is this feature really useful?
I have quite a big library with literally hundreds of artists. finding
an artist by name takes some time. So it would be very nice if I could
just jump back to the previous selection (or the one before) instead of
either typing in the name (and thus loosing whatever I had in the search
field until then).

And I find "back" and "fore" buttons a very convenient feature not only
of web browsers but of file browser too, as they let me go back to where
I was (say three directories) before without remembering correctly when
to move up and down in the directory tree.

mfg