[Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Compile problems

Just as a follow up to my own email:

The problem with issue #3 is that intltool-merge is empty.  It is never
created successfully from intltool-merge.in.  This stems from the issue
discussed in a previous email during configure:

config.status: executing intltool commands
sed: -e expression #5, char 24: unknown option to `s'
sed: -e expression #5, char 24: unknown option to `s'
sed: -e expression #5, char 24: unknown option to `s'

intltool_edit="-e 's:@INTLTOOL_EXTRACT@:`pwd`/intltool-extract:g' \
               -e 's:@INTLTOOL_ICONV@:${ICONV}:g' \
               -e 's:@INTLTOOL_MSGFMT@:${MSGFMT}:g' \
               -e 's:@INTLTOOL_MSGMERGE@:${MSGMERGE}:g' \
               -e 's:@INTLTOOL_XGETTEXT@:${XGETTEXT}:g' \
               -e 's:@INTLTOOL_PERL@:${INTLTOOL_PERL}:g'"

On my system, XGETTEXT is set to ":" for some reason.  When replacing
${XGETTEXT} with "xgettext", it generates intltool-merge correctly.  So
for some reason it's having trouble obtaining the correct value for
XGETTEXT.

Also, on a side-note, on the playbin-merge-lirc tree, the HAVE_REMOTE
ifdef's need to be uncommented or else those without lirc support will
have compile/linking problems.

Sorry for the rambling emails, its late.

Regards,
Jon Oberheide

--
Jon Oberheide <jon oberheide org>