Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] lirc patch

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 19:46 -0500, James Cotton wrote:
> I saw a patch for lirc a few weeks ago on the list, and i modified it
> so it applies to the rhythmbox-playbin-merge tree.  It is attached.  I
> also created a image of this tree for the less patching-inclined
> people:
> http://www.limeybrit.com/files/rhythmbox-playbin-merge-lirc-2005-04-13.tar.bz2

Thanks for updating this patch against the latest tree.  Unfortunately,
my ATI remote is busted so I can't test it but hopefully someone else
out there can.

> config.status: creating rhythmbox.spec
> config.status: creating config.h
> config.status: executing intltool commands
> sed: -e expression #5, char 24: unknown option to `s'
> sed: -e expression #5, char 24: unknown option to `s'
> sed: -e expression #5, char 24: unknown option to `s'
> config.status: executing depfiles commands
> config.status: executing default-1 commands
> configure: Rhythmbox was configured with the followin
>
> which I have tracked down to this code in the configure script:
> intltool_edit="-e 's:@INTLTOOL_EXTRACT@:`pwd`/intltool-extract:g' \
>                -e 's:@INTLTOOL_ICONV@:${ICONV}:g' \
>                -e 's:@INTLTOOL_MSGFMT@:${MSGFMT}:g' \
>                -e 's:@INTLTOOL_MSGMERGE@:${MSGMERGE}:g' \
>                -e 's:@INTLTOOL_XGETTEXT@:${XGETTEXT}:g' \
>                -e 's:@INTLTOOL_PERL@:${INTLTOOL_PERL}:g'"
>
> The XGETTEXT variable gets set to : and then the sed command is not
> correct.  Manually deleting this variable so the string doesn't have
> the extra ':' fixes the problem, but I don't know how to fix it so
> autogen doesn't always mess it up (and I figure sometimes it's meant
> to have a value).  This line comes from aclocal.m4 but I don't know
> how that stuff works to know where that comes from.  I have two
> computers, one on gnome 2.10 and one on gnome 2.8 (both gentoo) so I
> don't think it's outdated software on my part.  Any suggestions?

I can confirm this on Gentoo ~x86.  It was present when I had gnome 2.8
and still is present in 2.10.  It is pretty much stock Gentoo (is that
an oxymoron?) and I've never seen this before.  When I try to compile I
get errors regarding ngettext not being defined (I think it was in
rhythmdb/rhythmdb.c or wherever ngettext is used in the code for
plurals), which is probably related to this sed problem.

Regards,
Jon Oberheide

--
Jon Oberheide <jon oberheide org>