[Rhythmbox-devel] Xine problems

I just ran rhythmbox for the first time (clicked on an mp3 file
in nautilus on FC2), and it told me that I didn't have the right
plug-in to play mp3 files. OK. I check out the site and see that
I need xine and libid3tag, which I get. I also snarfed the -lib
and -lib-devel:

xine-0.99.2-1.1.fc2.fr
xine-lib-1.0.0-0.14.rc5.1.fc2.fr
xine-lib-devel-1.0.0-0.14.rc5.1.fc2.fr
(I have rhythmbox-0.8.5-0.1.fc2.fr)

Now, I run rhythmbox, and it still says that I need a plug-in.
Since there's no man page, no config file, and the Preferences
don't really allow much control, what do I do?

The program seems damn cool, so I'd love to start using it!

mark