[Rhythmbox-devel] why rhythmbox rocks!

Hi all!

I am a big fan of Rhythmbox, but lately I remarked some big wind against
the app and very big enthusiasm for muine, well I will not comment on
muine, but to everybody who was not happy with the RB UI take a look at
this screen:

http://www.silverpen.de/rhythm_plus.png

As you can see the UI is so configurable that it definetely looks
like...(you guess it) muine and it has more options to browse music then
muine has, you can bag your files as Albums or as personal lists etc...
etc.. you can search through your database and do a lot more, things you
can't do in muine!
Jorn is the father of RB for sure and yes he thought the RB model is not
the best thing BUT truth is the RB model is not 100% iTunes and it is,
as you see, highly configurable! So it has good points after all!
On the other side too much simplicity hurts the user. Having an app
which can make me burn, rip and hear radio and my cd collection with one
button is 1000 times better then using "mini apps" for every little
task. RB doesn't rip music (I know) but it calls for me sound juicer,
muines design idea would never allow this! RB can make me hear Internet
radio, YEAH I love Internet radio! so why do I have to install ANOTHER
app only to hear Internet radio, when the streaming engine is the same?!
someone could maybe ask, well then use totem for everything as gstreamer
makes the real work at the end, but truth is hearing music is one thing,
watching movies another! but when dealing with music it is more
comfortable in my op if I can download music from my ipod and burn it
while hearing it, instead of opening three apps where I REALLY (after 6
years of linux) would not know how to deal with these tasks with them!
Last but not least, muine is in C#, NO thanx I don't want to install
EVERY mono rpm out there to see a picture of the Album of the song I'm
playing ( I tried it and it is a pain in the a*#)! regardless of how I
see the .net problem...

thanx for reading!

yours
Arafat Medini