Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Multiple libraries

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 10:40 +0000, Gisli Ottarsson wrote:
> Once in a while it has been suggested on this lists that it might be
> useful to have multiple libraries in the Source List.  I would also find
> this to be a convenient feature.  Let me try to motivate.
>
> In addition to my own ripped music, I have a collection of music (from
> an undisclosed source) which I occasionally like to review, but don't
> normally like to hear during random play.  I've tried everything to
> handle this.  I've even gone as far as redefining all those songs
> into some weird genre (Christian Gangsta Rap), but selecting 'all genres
> except' is slightly awkward.
>
> If these two collections were in a separate library, handling this
> would be a breeze.
>
> For what it's worth.
>
>    Gisli

It is I who requested it and I talked to teuf about this on IRC.

He rather saw the merging of playlists and browser view (so you can use
the artist / genre / album selections in a playlist view), which would
enable the same thing, if you could create an automatic playlist based
on the location of the audio file (yes, i know we try to seperate the
audio collection from the filesystem, but i (and many other people)
seperate their collections by putting them in different folders).

So it's either the multiple libraries thing, or merging browser view in
playlists and adding an "automatic playlist by file location" thing, I
think.

Just my 2cents though

Regards,
Ruben