Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] playlist source burner 0.2

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 21:21 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > "This exceeds the 80 minute length of a standard audio CD."
> >
> > You don't know that the CD is 80 minutes long. Just say that it doesn't
> > fit on the CD, it's better than lying on purpose.
>
> That text is displayed, before converting the audio, iff the size of the
> media could not be determined and the length of the playlist is greater
> than 80 minutes.  You are right that the 80 is pretty arbitrary.  I'll
> remove this check and rely on the check at burn time when the disc size
> is known.

I would keep the check, but remove the "80 minutes" bit. You can
understand the confusion if the user has a 70 minutes CD in, and that
the program says it's an 80 minutes CD.

> > MiB is 1000 kiB, not 1024.
>
> Binary prefixes are all powers of 2.
> http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html

I got it the wrong way around ;)

> > What's the GINT_TO_LE for? It's probably not what you want to do (ie. I
> > don't think a big endian machine would like being fed a little endian
> > integer)
>
> That is your code.  I don't know.

Oops, that should be GINT_FROM_LE here.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
You realise very quickly that the world is full of idiots. -- Sean
Connery