Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] autopackage

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 16:33 -0500, Matthew Aaron wrote:
> Does rhythmbox have any plans for using autopackage once it reaches
> 1.0 status.  I use Mandrake 10.1 and have many dependency problems
> that using autopackage.org would solve.

I don't see what gives you autopackage that .rpm or .deb does not solves
at the moment. It sounds like the same thing... or perhaps worst, the
package dependencies are not bad, they are there so you can be sure that
an application will work always, if you try to remove a needed library,
the system will warn you that there are installed an application that
needs that library.

I can only imagine your problem if you are trying to install a binary
from Redhat into Mandrake or things like that. If that's the case...
sorry, but I don't see autopackage as the solution. I would be good to
see how autopackage handles the installation of a GNOME 2.8 application
in a GNOME <= 2.6 environment forgetting the dependencies...

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Ubuntu Warty (PowerPC)  => http://www.ubuntulinux.org