[Rhythmbox-devel] Lost library data

I run two linux boxes on my home network, one desktop system and a fileserver. I have been running rhythmbox on the desktop box and loading music from a network share pointing to the server. A couple of times now I have loaded rhythmbox with the network server not running and have lost all the information from the rhythmbox library related to tracks stored on the server. I don't think this should happen. Can I back up the metadata stored in the library and restore it should such a thing happen again? Could you look at merely flagging the tracks as not available rather than having them deleted? I'm running rhythmbox 0.8.3. The desktop is running gentoo linux, and the server red hat 9.

Derrick Ashby