[Rhythmbox-devel] Ratings.

Hi,

I think Rhythmbox is a great music player and that one of its great features is the ratings system. I use the ratings to create automatic playlists of songs that I like, and they're also useful when using the weighted shuffle mode (which I use very often). So, after spending a great amount of time tweaking the ratings, it's obvious that losing them would be undesirable.

I ran into a problem recently though. I had a problem in the partition where my music collection was stored (e2fsck was reporting some errors and was unable to fix them). I copied the data to another partition, ran mkf2.ext3 -cc on it (which solved the problem), and copied the data back. The directory structure was the same, but when I opened Rhythmbox, it thought the files were different and all the information about the songs that Rhythmbox stores (play count, ratings, last played) were gone.

I would like to know if there is a way to preserve the information that Rhythmbox creates for each song, when moving files and such. If not, how hard would it be to implement something like that?

Thanks for creating such a great music player. :)

Regards,
Ismael