[Rhythmbox-devel] Error message suggestion

Hi,
Could Rhythmbox change it's error message such that "check settings" also suggests using gstreamer-properties? Or is that a gstreamer thing? Can Rhythmbox better select output when the default is incorrect?

As background, I use ALSA, but the gstreamer default gconf setting is to use osssink even when the ALSA gstreamer plugin is the only one installed (when gstreamer OSS plugin is not installed). This is easily corrected by running gstreamer-properties and selecting the only options available, which resets the greyed out boxes to defaults that are appropriate to ALSA rather than OSS defaults.

If I run Rhythmbox, it fails and I get these messages on the commandline:

(rhythmbox:22076): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_set_property: construct property "enable-sound" for object `GnomeProgram' can't be set after construction

** (rhythmbox:22076): WARNING **: specified empty bin "bin", not allowed

** (rhythmbox:22076): WARNING **: Unrecoverable syntax error while parsing pipeline
DEBUG: gstgconf: error parsing pipeline osssink
no element "osssink"

** (rhythmbox:22076): WARNING **: No GConf default audio sink key and osssink doesn't work
Got error opening "file:///home/gears/Jay%20Ungar%20and%20Molly%20Mason/The%20Lover's%20Waltz/03%20-%20The%20Mountain%20House.ogg": Could not create audio output element; check your settings