Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] More Suggestions

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 10:53, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 08:01, Moe Wibble wrote:

> > - Song-/Artist-name click-action
> >   The websearch is pretty useless to me. Would be nice if it was configurable
> >   to do whatever I want (e.g. open song properties/jump to song as in
> >   CTRL-J, launch a script)
>
> I guess the search is kind of useless if you're not connected to the
> Internet at least.  How exactly it would be configurable needs more
> thought.

I also find the websearch rather useless.  Since the "Browse this
Artist/Album" thing was recently implemented, it makes more sense to
have that be the action for the Artist/Album buttons.  I think its much
more intuitive than having to right click on a song (although this
should remain, so that one can browse to artists/albums other than one
currently playing).  I usually have Rhythmbox set on shuffle, and often
will stumble across an artist or album that I want to hear more of.  I
think just clicking on the name at the top there makes more sense than
right clicking, and since the websearch is, at least to me, rather
pointless (I mean, whats the point? if the music is in my library, I
probably know *something* about the band/album.  Its neat, but not the
best use of the Artist/Album buttons).

-charlie