[Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox and other media types

I replied to someone's post a few days ago asking the following question,
to which no-one replied:

Is it possible to play WMA (Windows Media Audio) files in Rhythmbox?

I know that gstreamer can do it, I've tested that on the command-line. In
case you were wondering, I'm running Fedora Core 1, and I've removed all
my gstreamer and Rhythmbox RPMS before building gstreamer, it's plugins,
the ffmpeg plugin and Rhythmbox all from source.

Have I missed something? Has support not been added yet? On purpose?

If this were to become possible, it would break one of the biggest
barriers in my migration to an open-source OS, and I would really like
that. If there's anything I can do to help make this possible, I would be
willing to help you guys out, although my time and expertise are a little
limited.

I think you have done a really good job with Rhythmbox, so keep up the
good work.

Cheers,

TK