Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Meta data

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 10:43, Chris Seaton wrote:

> Rhythmbox doesn't seem to support 'reading' this kind of meta data.
> Other players such as a Winamp do (although they're a little crap at it).

Well, I'm not sure it's possible to make it not crap.  There's just so
many ways to encode metadata in filenames.  However, if someone wants to
modify rhythmdb.c to look at a GConf key, I wouldn't be opposed.  It
should probably be a regular expression, defaulting to the empty string
(meaning not to read metadata from filenames).

The better thing to do is have tag editing of course.

This is a digitally signed message part