[Rhythmbox-devel] Meta data

I use directories to store meta data about my music files. I always srip
ID3s, as they're too hard to keep up to date and just become a mess
(I've found files with several v2 tags and a v1 tag all at once).

For example, a music file will be somewhere like

/library/Audio/Chicane/Easy to Assemble/Daylight.mp3

Where Chicane is the artist, Easy to Assemble is the album, and Daylight
the track.

Rhythmbox doesn't seem to support 'reading' this kind of meta data.
Other players such as a Winamp do (although they're a little crap at it).

What do you think about adding this to Rhythmbox?

The user could choose to "read meta data from path" or something, and
then enter a mask string, which in my case would be.

/library/Audio/%artist%/[%album%/]%track%.*

%alumb%/ is in square brackets, as sometimes tracks aren't part of an album.

What do people think?

Chris Seaton