Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] UI for selecting a play order?

Colin Walters wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 13:42, Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:

>>I've changed the play-order-selecting UI in my
>>arch://jyasskin@mail.utexas.edu--2003/rhythmbox--play-order-combo--0.7
>>branch to use a GtkOptionMenu rather than a combo box.
>>

>Ok.  What do you think about turning the playback order when both
>shuffle and repeat are checked to just pure random?  Then all we'd need
>is an option in the preferences to weight by rating.  Actually, would
>anyone not want it to be weighted by rating?

I think that using the shuffle/repeat = pure random is the best idea, as
it removes the rather unweidly solution with either a combo or select
box which seems to look confusing, for me at least.

None of my flatmates are computer-literate and looking at their
reactions to both UIs it has seemed that the two checkbox solution was
the least confusing for them.

My thoughts on loading rb the first time were that:
* Shuffle = random play without repeat
* Repeat = play through in order, then repeat
* Shuffle+Repeat = play in a random order with repition (imo = pure random)

Which would support your idea above.

Mike.