Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Patch to fix segfault on nonexistent"/state/selected_source" gconf key

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 03:42, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> How can it get NULL ? It has a value in the schema, is it possible to
> mess things up and end up with an empty CONF_STATE_SELECTED_SOURCE ?

I think that's what it returns if the schema wasn't correctly installed
and the key doesn't exist at all.

> Moreover g_return_if_fail doesn't return if things are compiled with
> G_DISABLE_CHECKS defined.

Yeah...this is kind of on that fuzzy line between clear system error
(which one should always handle) and clear internal logic error (which
one should use g_assert_* for).  I don't think we can too sensibly
handle the case where none of the GConf keys exist though, so I am fine
with just not trying.

This is a digitally signed message part