[Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox 0.6.5 hangs and esd bocking

Hi,

ich use rhythmbox 0.6.5 (the version which comes with
debian sarge) to handle by ~28 GByte mp3 archive.

Until last week every think worked just fine, but
now rhythmbox doesn't start anymore. Just the gst-output:

INFO ( 2753: 0) Initializing GStreamer Core Library version 0.6.4
INFO ( 2753: 0) CPU features: (00000762) MMX SSE 3DNOW MMXEXT
INFO ( 2753: 0) registry: loaded global_registry in 0.270974 seconds
          (/var/lib/gstreamer/0.6/registry.xml)

and the program hangs forever. The GUI does
not appear at all.

I tried to start 'rhythmbox --debug' to look
for some useful output and suddenly the program
works again: The gui pops up and every think works.
But only with the '--debug' flag.

Very strange.

I think there are maybe some errors in my song-db and
I would like to build it again.
How can I 'delete' the rhythmbox db? Can I just force
rhythmbox to reset all settings and empty the db?

One more thing: I use gnome 2.4 as desktop environment
which starts the esd-sound server. When I start
rhythmbox while the esd demon is running I always
get some 'can't open /dev/dsp'.
Can I run esd and rhythmbox in parallel?

regards,
  johannes

--
Johannes Behr <Johannes.Behr@zgdv.de>