[Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Functional DAAP client code

Hi there Eli,

I'm the author of the code you mentioned in your e-mail. I did actually have intentions of making it work with Rhythmbox - but never got around to it before release.

Anyhow, It'd be great if you would work on doing it. It would probably make sense for you to base your work on my library, as it seems suitable for the job. However, the library isn't very mature right now - as I wasn't really sure what kind of an interface would best suite the current media players (Rhythmbox and Juk). As a result, I'd like to work with you (and any other developers who are interested) in improving libopendaap to a more than usable state.

You can contact me on irc.freenode.net, usually under the alias 'crazney' or 'craztop' - I hang about on #lgl, #winehq and others. I'll sometimes hop onto #rhythmbox on irc.gnome.org

Looking forward to working with you,

Cheers,

David

PS - I'm not on the Rhythmbox devel mailing list (yet, I tried to subscribe but haven't got a confirmation email yet...) - so if you could CC me on replies, that'd be great.
PSS - I'm CCing Scott Wheeler, the author of Juk, on this - in the hope that we can work together with this.
PSSS - original e-mail below.

--
David Hammerton
david@craz.net

Original email for those that missed it:

All you guys who are itching to get RB working with iTunes music shares:
The day may not be far off. It looks like this guy's got the
client-verification thing down with a working example (and
documentation!).

http://crazney.net/programs/itunes/

I'll be examining his code and working on stuff to get RB working with
it over the next month. Feel free to race/beat me to it!

-Eli