[Rhythmbox-devel] Irritating Bug

Hi there,

I'm using Rhythmbox 0.8.4 on Mandrake 10 Official.  Since I use a laptop
with a relatively small hard drive, I keep all of my music on an
external firewire drive.  I don't carry this drive around with me and I
have it set up to mount only when I tell it to.  Unfortunately, this
causes major problems if I accidentally run Rhythmbox without mounting
the drive.  The library is instantly cleared and all my static playlists
are wiped.  I spent absolutely ages preparing the playlists and it's
exceedingly frustrating seeing rhythmbox zap them without even telling
me that it's doing so.

I'm sending this email in order to beg someone to fix this bug as it is
driving me up the wall.  Next time I can be bothered to spend the time
making the playlists I'll try to remember to back up the playlists.xml
file, but it's still irritating having to wait while Rhythmbox rescans
25GB of mp3s for the ID3 tags -- a process which is far from instant
over a firewire link.

Many thanks,

Al